At Grange Primary our children develop lifelong learning skills in a warm, caring and beautiful environment.
Grange Primary School is situated in a catchment area which comprises both private and council house properties and lies approximately four miles to the West of the City of Swansea. It is within walking distance of the beautiful village of Mumbles.
A high percentage of our pupils (approximately 60%) choose to come to our school via a ‘preferred placement request’.
Grange Primary Provides
- approximately 255 pupil places
- 8 planned places in a Specialist Teaching Facility for children who have hearing impairment
- part time Nursery provision in a.m./p.m. sessions
- single age range classes
- well maintained and resourced teaching/general purpose areas
- extensive grounds which include a sports field, Coed Grange Woodland Trail, Forest School/Pond Nature Reserve, outdoor adventure play area, allotments and undulating lawns with picnic areas
- all classrooms are fully carpeted and decorated to a high standard with patio areas, interactive/smart whiteboards and internet connections,
- all teaching areas are equipped with leased digital equipment which are renewed every 3 years ensuring high quality provision
- additional areas are provided for support teaching and speech therapy
- exceptionally large main hall which includes a stage, fronted by a proscenium arch and apron complete with full stage lighting and sound systems
- separate dining hall served by a kitchen
- library used by pupils and parents
- pre-school private Nursery fro age 2 years upwards – Childs Play
- after school child care clubs
- free breakfast club
- a wide range of lunchtime and after school educational clubs
- specialist tuition for pupils who wish to learn to play violin, cello, flute or clarinet (other instruments available on request)
Grange Primary has a team of 30+ Staff managed by our Headteacher Mrs K Hurley.
The Governing Body has adopted the L.E.A. Admissions Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and proposed dates for Preferred Placement requests.
The school will admit all children without prejudice.
Admissions to the Specialist Teaching Facility are arranged by the L.E.A. Special Educational Needs Manager.